Lagos MCPDP History
The N&MCN established the Mandatory Continuing Professional Development Programme (MCPDP) and inaugurated committees in all the states of the Federation to update all Practicing Nurses on current trends in nursing education and practice for effective client care.
The Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria (N&MCN) (Established by Decree No 89 of 1979) is the regulatory Body of the Nursing Profession in Nigeria. It is concerned with Nursing Education, Registration and Practice.
The inauguration of the state facilitators took place at Conference Centre of the University of Ibadan from 23rd – 24th March 2010 and all the state of the federation were mandated to commence training of Nurses...
The programme was designed for all cadres of nurses and is to be undertaken throughout their professional nursing career. It is a continuous formal learning programme within and outside the practice setting.
“In the full knowledge of the obligation I am undertaking. I promise to care for the sick with all the skill and understanding I possess, without regard to race, creed, colour, politics or social status, sparing no effort to conserve life, to alleviate suffering and promote health”.
“I will respect at all times the dignity and religious beliefs of the patients under my care, holding in confidence all personal information entrusted to me and refraining from any action which endangers life or health”.
I will endeavor to keep my professional knowledge and skill at the highest level to give loyal support and cooperation to all members of the health care team. I will do my utmost honour and uphold the integrity of the nurse.
- To expose Nurses to current development as well as new trends in health and nursing care.
- To sharpen the knowledge and skills of Nurses on better ways of rendering quality, individualized, goal directed nursing care using the Nursing Process approach.
- To constantly bring to the fore health issues as regards Nursing practice and collaborative care. Seek to correct significant deficiencies and challenges that militate against quality nursing care delivery in health care institutions and at community level.
- To promote good leadership qualities, managerial and organizational skills among the senior nurses thereby enhancing preceptorship and mentorship as tools for building a dynamic profession.
- Be a requirement for participation in council’s activities and especially, renewal of licence.
MRS. D.O. SHONIBARECHIEF HOST
DNS Lagos State
COMRADE J.O. AWOJIDENANNM Chairman
Mrs. ADEJUMOKE DADASTATE IMPLEMENTATION COMMITTEE